dahil sabi noon sa lobby ng masci,
brevity is the soul of wit.
sabi ng wit ko, WANTED: SOUL.
"I try to write poems and short stories."
"Just weird situations."
"What kind of situations?"
"Disintegrating friendships, and things like that."
"So why do friendships disintegrate?"
"I just think that people’s interests change. And relationships have to be built on some sort of commonality. So once that common ground is lost, it’s very difficult to get it back."
(HONY is love.)
The creations by Dangerdust a duo of students who have decided to anonymously requisition the blackboards of their school, to offer every Monday morning a new creation combining inspiration, motivation and typography on blackboard.
This just happened to me 10 minutes ago. I found P20 in the pocket of my school coat!
Then my student said “CORNETTO NA ‘YAN ‘TEACH!” and that made the moment more epic. May estudyante pala akong nanonood ng local TV! Haha!
FITNESS VS BODY IMAGE by Linzer Dinzer
on good days, i catch myself actually liking what i see when i look at the mirror. i like how i have cheeks when i smile. i like my round legs, “mga binting banak” as lola called them. i like my boob-waist-hip curve, kahit ba coke 1.5L ang coke body ko at hindi yung 12oz. coke pa rin!
of course, i know i could still do away with my big arms and bulging tummy. that’s why i watch what i eat and go to the gym. still, i like how they are parts of me, and how they are loved by people who love all parts of me.
so when out of the blue, instead of a hello, someone emphatically informs me that “ang taba mo!”, or asks ”bakit ka lumobo?” / “hindi ka ba nagpapapayat? malapit na wedding!” —- the version of me who found everything ok when she looked at the mirror gets really hurt, that girl who actually loved herself for all she is, wobbly bits and all.
the sad part is, the more she gets hurt, the less she shows herself.
—Nora Ephron (via afternoon-tea-and-books)
—Mary Kate Teske (via onlinecounsellingcollege)
11 Words of Wisdom for Women of God
By Joyce Meyer
1. Always keep God first, and seek Him for who He is, not what He can do for you.
2. Take time regularly to examine your own heart and ensure that your motives are pure. Everything is determined by your motives.
3. Show respect for all people and make everyone feel valuable. Every human being is created in the image of God.
4. Be a very generous giver. Giving is the key to living.
5. Enjoy where you are on the way to where you are going. Be goal oriented, but do not miss the moment you are in.
6. Always remember where you came from. This will help you to stay humble.
7. Be Thankful in all things, even if not for all things.
8. The things you say are important. Do not underestimate the power of little throw away comments that can crush and hurt people.
9. Seek peace. You must pursue having peace on purpose. It is one of the most necessary things for enduring ministry .
10. Love God. When you truly love God, you will have a good relationship with yourself and then you will treat other people right.
11. What God says is important, not what man says. Do not be a people pleaser, but be a God pleaser.
2014 commitment to God :)